Our granddaughter and daughter are out in California and we miss them soooo much. But guess what. Our daughter called a couple of weeks ago and informed us she is getting married. FINALLY, LOL They are having a very private wedding on the beach. Just her, her fiancee, their daughter, the preacher and a photographer. How romantic is that. Then they will have a small reception at their house after. We will be meeting them in Las Vegas the following day. We will celebrate with them there during their honeymoon. Don't get me wrong. They will definately have there alone time. And we will be taking our granddaughter during that time. I just can't wait. We were hoping to be able to be moving out there at that time so we didn't have to come back out here afterwards but things just aren't working that way. Oh well.
So while we are still here we have decided to visit some places we haven't been to or haven't visited in a very long time and share them with everyone.
Last week we went on a wild goose chase looking for museums in Muskogee,OK. My husband made a list of several and off we went. Well the first one we visited had been shut down because they did not have handicap access. The next one we went to had been closed down and all there inventory had been taken to Oklahoma City. Well, We weren't having to good of a day. So we stopped off at a little second hand store and met some really nice people. The store was very clean and the prices could not have been better. We bought several items. we then stopped at another and it was not so good. The lady there directed us to some salvation armys and such in the area so off we went. Let me tell ya. I do not like downing any business but there are some really nasty places in Muskogee. The first one we went to we were scared to touch anything. the next 2 we didn't even go into. the buildings looked like they were going to fall in. WOW. We needed help. This was turning out to be a wasted trip. So then we went to another part of town and found a really nice store. We didn't get anything because the prices were too high but at least it was clean.
We were getting a little hungry about this time so we decided to go for lunch. We saw this nice looking diner coming into Muskogee so we headed back to it.
The name is Angels Diner.
As soon as you walked in you could tell it was a homey place.

Everyone there was nice and the waitresses were hopping. They could have used a few more. The cook even came out from behind the counter a few times and served drinks. They never slowed down the whole time we were there. As you can see the cook is right there behind the front counter.

Everything is made fresh daily right there in front of you.
Check out these restrooms. I didn't need to go but my husband said I really needed to get some pictures. I'm glad he sent me back there.

Look at the artwork on the stall doors. These are great.


Boy look at all this food.

I started cutting up my chicken fried steak before I thought to get a picture. It was all so wonderfull. And such big servings. I ate almost all of it. I wish I hadn't because I was too full to try some of their homemade pies. I won;t do that again because they looked sooooo good.
So after such a great meal we decided to head over to Robbers Cave and walked a little of this good food off.
We hadn't been there in about 12 years or so. When we finally got there we luckily chose the short path. All those years ago we took the long way around and i remember it was a heck of a hike. I am soooo glad we took the short way this time. Being older and alot less active sure takes a tole on you. But it was so nice. I stepped on this little guy about half way up.
Never even saw him. He just slithered away after I took his photo. Finally made it to the cave.
What a gorgeous place. There was no one else out so we had the place to ourselves.
Nice and quiet. Spent a little time enjoying the scenery
and then treked our way back down.
Well, The day ended nicely so it was worth it.
Till next time.............

No comments:
Post a Comment