Well, We didn't have a show this weekend so I decided to go out and work on the trailer. Trying to decorate it and make it feel homey. We are(were) hoping to go to a 3 day sale this next weekend. So I was also loading some things to get ready to take it for the first time. I was checking all storage and new that the benches for the table should be hollow so I could put extra things there. When I took the pads off I noticed the wood had been nailed down. So I enlisted my husbands help and we got the first one loose. Wow what extra storage room we are going to have. The space was huge. So we started on the next one. Had a little trouble with this one but it finally came free. And to our shock the carpet was all black in the corner and so was the wall. Oh my gosh, a leak. We pressed on the floor in the corner and it just completely gave way. The wall was the same way. We sure didn't expect this. This is on the slide out. YUCK. So we got to looking around and when we moved the couch it was the same way in the opposite corner. :( What are we going to do???
Well, The only thing we can do. We have to tear it all out and repair it. We aren't carpenters but boy are we gonna give it a shot. We got our tools and carefully tried to remove the remainders of the bench on the bad side. The back of the bench was so damaged we decided to just tear it out and we will probably put in a table and 4 chairs instead of replacing the bench. Once we got the first part of the wall torn out down to the metal of the outside we notice small holes all along the outside metal. We went outside and notice it on both sides of the slide out.
So now we have to figure out what is going on and if it's corrosion, how to stop it.
We will keep posting as we go and will also add pictures as I get them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment